Welcome

This is my personal blog where I share thoughts that mater to me. Things that makes my day a present. You may also want to visit my other sites - Avatar State, Amazing Davao, Davao Life, Tribu Hagtik and Shared Pool

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Motorcycles help keep you young

I came across an article in the daily paper saying that researchers in Japan have discovered that driving motorcycles help keep you young.

According to Ryuta Kawashima - the designer of the popular "Brain Training" computer software, riding motorcycles help keep drivers young by invigorating their brains, "The driver's brain gets activated by riding motorcycles" in part because heightened alertness. "In a convenient and easy environment, the human mind and body get used to setting the hurdle low", he warned. "Our final conclusion is that riding motorcycles can lead to smart ageing."

I just wonder how does this differ from driving manual four wheel vehicles? One thing for sure, based on my observation that "If you are not carefull, motorcycles will keep you young because you won't grow old."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely! My Dad was diagnosed with Cancer and at one point given a 6 month to 3 year tops time frame; but he kept riding his motorcycle and doing major trips every Summer, even when he was going through chemotherapy and surgeries. The day before we left for Milwaukee in 2003 for Harley-Davidson's 100th Anniversary he had his final chemo treatment, and the next morning were were headed up the highway for a 2+ week trip. The Doctors were all amazed that he kept going for 10 years, and continually commented on his sharp wit and sense of humor through it all and right to the end. I think attitude played a big part, too; but I firmly believe that him being on that bike made the most difference.

As for me, back in my college days I would be up late doing homework, reports and such. Sometimes I would get a mental block or just peter out; but a ride up the road on my bike would both clear my head and put me in the right frame of mind to complete my work. There's definitely something to be said in favor of the article.... ;-)

NEOLLE said...

Wow! That's a great story. Thanks for the visit friend! ;)