Welcome

This is my personal blog where I share thoughts that mater to me. Things that makes my day a present. You may also want to visit my other sites - Avatar State, Amazing Davao, Davao Life, Tribu Hagtik and Shared Pool

Thursday, October 9, 2008

What Happened in the Year I was Born (1979)




In 1979



Jimmy Carter is president of the US



A major accident occurs at a nuclear reactor on Three Mile Island near Middletown, PA



An American Airlines DC-10 loses its engine and crashes seconds after takeoff, killing 275 people



Hurricane David kills over 1200 in the US and the Dominican Republic



Some 90 people, including 63 Americans, are taken hostage at the American Embassy in Tehran, Iran



The Soviet Union invades Afghanistan



ESPN starts broadcasting



Aaliyah, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Norah Jones, Heath Ledger, and Kate Hudson are born



Pittsburgh Pirates win the World Series



Pittsburgh Steelers win Superbowl XIII



Montreal Canadiens win the Stanley Cup



Kramer vs. Kramer is the top grossing film



Sophie's Choice by William Styron is published



"My Sharona" by The Knack spends the most time at the top of the US charts



The Facts of Life premiers

No comments: