Welcome

This is my personal blog where I share thoughts that mater to me. Things that makes my day a present. You may also want to visit my other sites - Avatar State, Amazing Davao, Davao Life, Tribu Hagtik and Shared Pool

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Down The Drain



Yesterday I attended a workshop on Visual Basic .Net at Genetics Computer Institute. Genetics invited me on this special event that costs 300 Pesos per participant. I have known Genetics as one of the best computer institutions in Davao and in other places in Asia. In fact, I had four trainings conducted by them.

This time things are different. The workshop I attended was a failure. The facilitator failed to meet my expectations. I was pissed off when I heard wrong information like "Bill Gates bought the BASIC programming language in able to make Visual Basic". Where in the world did he got that information?

It also sting my ears upon hearing "these things are impossible to do in Visual Basic 6" where in fact I can even teach him how to do that "impossible thing" in Visual Basic 6!

The facilitator came unprepared, his examples were wrong and doesn't work at all. He can not even make a VB.NET program to write data in an MS Access Database!

I was totally disappointed that I walked out of the session even before it ends.I don't mean to brag, but I can facilitate a VB.Net workshop a lot better!

I came to ask the registrar some questions about the facilitator and I found out that the poor guy has only been teaching for two months and was not even sent to a proper training.

It was really disappointing to see a computer institute with a very good reputation is offering poor services. I poured out my frustrations in the evaluation sheet. I hope that they get the message before they go down the drain.

No comments: